Saturday, October 23, 2010

My First Time as a Woodside One Wheeler by Emma

My First Time as a Woodside One Wheelers

On Thursday I went to WOW. WOW is a group of kids who perform in front of audiences. We stand on large round balls, we ride unicycles, we juggle with balls scarves, and sometimes little beanbags. It was my first time. I was scared. I was excited but also a little frightened, my heart was beating pretty fast. I tried a ball and I was shocked when I realized that I could stand up on it! I had my partner Emma Ruth, and a grown up help me stand up, and then they let go one at a time. It was so cool when I realized I could do it alone. I went to WOW last week for the second time. I tried stilts. I started at level one, which means Mr. P had to lower pegs to the first level. I walked halfway across the gym. Then I practiced a couple of more times and I moved on to level 2. I could do them so good. At the end of class I was at level three. It felt pretty good because I had never done stilts in my life. The hardest part of stilts is keeping your balance and making sure you are right where you need to be because you have to wrap your arms around them and when you are ready you have to bounce off the wall. The Woodside One Wheelers are going to do a few shows this year. Maybe even 4 or 5. I feel very excited about that!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Emma,
    I really enjoyed your story about going to WOW. It seems that you had a lot of fun your first couple of days.
    When I began reading I noticed that your introduction was very good. You used good wording to describe what WOW is all about. Also, when you wrote about your experience balancing on the ball and walking on stilts, I really felt how proud you were of trying something new. You continued to work at it until you succeeded and did what you set out to do.
    I did notice, however, that you could add a little bit more to your story. This might help the reader understand more about what you are trying to say. I noticed that near the end of your story, you mentioned that WOW may have a few shows during the year. Maybe you could explain more about where these shows will be and what they will include. I think that this addition would help give your story just what it really needs.

    Hope to talk to you soon,
    Kyle

    ReplyDelete