Monday, October 25, 2010

My Dog by Bella

My Dog

I got a dog. She is brown, white, and black. I was happy. I got food for her with a dish. We got puppy bites. I named her Dylan Lady Grace, but we call her Gracie. I feed her and give her water every day. I got her when she was nine weeks old. She cost $600. We got her at a lady's house who breeds dogs. It was in the mountains in Maine. I bought some toys for her too. I love her, but I wish she was white. One time Gracie got stuck on our porch and she got scratched by a piece of wood. It made me cry. Gracie has a brother named Sidney Mikwen. Sid lives at my grandparent’s house. Gracie misses Sid, and sometimes she whines for him. I have four dogs altogether but Gracie is my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really loved the story you wrote about your dog Dylan Lady Grace! I think it’s so cool that you got to name your dog. When I got a new dog I got to pick out his name just like you did. I named him Samuel Alfred Giraldo, but I just call him Sam.
    In your story, I think if you wrote about what type of dog Gracie is and what she looks like then who ever reads your story will be able to imagine Gracie in their head and realize why you love her so much.
    I was really sad to hear that Gracie got scratched by a piece of wood and that it made you cry, but by adding those details it helps make your story really great because they show your feelings.
    At the end of your story I was amazed to hear that you have four dogs, I only have one! I really liked how you ended your story by saying that Gracie is your favorite dog, and it made me think, “Why is Gracie Bella’s favorite dog?” Maybe if you wrote why she is your favorite than you would have an even better ending!
    I am really excited to be your writing partner and hope to read more of your awesome writing.


    See You Soon,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete