Monday, October 25, 2010

The Last Time I Fell Off My Bike by Amy

One day when I was 8 years old, I was practicing on my two-wheeler because I was just learning how to ride. My new bike was hot pink with really cool designs, dashes and swirls, from the Mongoose company. The seat had designs too, skulls and crossbones. I thought it was sweet! I was doing so well. I could turn wide but not tight yet. Anyway, I was riding down the driveway and I turned, and I just saved myself from falling. I tried to ride with one hand, bad idea. I went down with a bang! I had fallen off my bike. I got hurt and my bike was laying on me. I was crying, screaming and whining all at the same time. My mom took me inside and washed my scrape off. I was frozen with fear. After I was moving again I got back up on my bike and started to ride.My scrape didn't hurt at all because my mom had put the special stuff on it, it's like vaseline that makes the scrape heal. Oh, and by the way, I did not fall off again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    How exciting! You are now a pro at riding two-wheelers. I can remember falling off my bike, again and again, as I first learned to ride. You picked a great topic!
    I'm wondering, how old were you when you had your last fall on your bike? What color is your bike? Does it have a basket or any cool details on it?
    When you said you were "frozen with fear," I was very impressed. That is a great way to paint a picture for me. I can imagine you frozen like an ice cube!
    And what about your scrape? How long did it take to heal? When you started to ride again, did your scrape hurt you at all?
    I look forward to conferencing with you about this!

    Your writing partner,
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. The edits you made are very impressive. I think that you added some very interesting, important information. Great job, Amy!!

    ReplyDelete