Monday, October 25, 2010

A Person Who Matters to Me by Devin

My mom is awesome. She buys me a lot of video games and movies. While I am at school, I hope she has bought me IRON MAN II on DVD. I am a big fan of the Marvel Heroes series. I like the stories of where they came from, for example Spider Man got bitten by a spider when he was on a field trip and that is how he became Spider Man. The Hulk got exposed to gamma radiation, and Iron Man owns his own jet.Once we got a movie from the Red Box that was rated PG, and it should have been rated R. It was Jaws. It was a little scary, especially at the end when the shark jumped out of the water, I should have expected it, but it still got to me. At that time it was the scariest movie I had ever seen, but recently I saw Poltertgiest and that is the scariest movie, the special effects are realistic.Mom also buys me video games. Once I came home and I had gotten a Hulk game. Mom said “I don’t think you are going to want to play Hulk.” She had bought me another video game, it was Iron Man II for the Wii. I was pretty excited. I am glad that my mom is so awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Devin!
    I really enjoyed reading your story, because I love movies just like you! Although I don’t play video games as much as you do, I bet the ones you play are really fun. I also thought that it was very nice when you said how awesome your mom is, she sounds great! In the beginning of your story you mention, “If we have school on September 28th, I hope I come home from school and she has bought me IRON MAN II on DVD.” Why wouldn’t you have had school on that day? I was also wondering why you are such a big fan of the Marvel Heroes series? I think they are very cool too, but what do you like about it the most?
    I liked when you talked about the Jaws movie. I’ve seen that movie and it scared me too! Was that the scariest movie you’ve ever seen? What is your favorite movie?
    When you said that you came home and your mom had got you the hulk game, did you like it? If you didn’t, what is your favorite video game?
    Overall I thought you did a great job on the piece! I can’t wait to meet and talk to you.
    -Katherine

    ____________________________

    ReplyDelete