Saturday, October 23, 2010

1. The Last Time I Saw the Red Sox by Caleb

The Last Time I Saw the Red Sox

I went to a Red Sox game, just me and my dad.My dad teaches me how to do sports, like basketball, baseball and soccer. I was really excited. My heart was pumping really fast. It was extremely exciting because I love the Red Sox. In batting practice I went to left field. I ran for a ball and I caught one. It felt like I was a professional baseball player. The red sox had two fantastic home runs. One run was hit by Kevin Youkoulous and the other one was hit by Big Pappy, David Ortiz. When Youk hit his home run the crowd yelled "Yooooouuuk". It sort of sounds like they are booing him, but you tell by the "y" that they are cheering for him.

We ate hot dogs and shared a Pepsi.Then we got french fries, there was so much food to pick from like nachos, and popcorn. They also has the big pretzels and pizza. It was easy to pick because I know what I like to eat.

Of course, the Red Sox won 9-3! The people cheered!We had to walk a long way to our car, I got tired and fell asleep on the way home, but I had a fun day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caleb,
    I loved reading your story about the last Red Sox game you went to. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself very much at the game. I like the part where you described how your “heart was pounding”, it was very easy to picture. What makes the Red Sox so special to you? When you went on left field how did you feel? It's very great that you got to go to the Red Sox game, was that your first time? How was the crowd? Did you like the where you saw the game? It was really great to read your piece and I look forward to your edited draft.

    Holly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caleb,
    I am so proud of how you revised your paper! You added a lot of details and I am better to imagine what it was like!

    Holly :)

    ReplyDelete