Monday, October 25, 2010

The Last Time I Went Camping by Lucas

The last time I went camping, when I heard the news I was so excited. When we left home for Littlefield Campground it was raining. We had loaded our canoe on top of the mini van and it looked like it was resting on the window. Our campsite was close to the water. We stayed two nights. We had a train track close to our campsite and we could hear the train. The first night there was a very loud train but I slept right through it. The next day we went canoeing. We brought snacks and my fishing pole. It was a big lake. We paddled almost all the way around. We saw some islands and at one island people were climbing a tree and then jumped into the water. Then we went into a shallow narrow place in between two islands. I tried to catch a fish but I had no luck. Next we saw a stump in the water. There was a 6 inch fish swimming over the stump. We paddled through some weeds. I looked in the water a saw a foot long fish! It swam under the canoe and swam away. We also saw two kayaks attached. It was a paddleboat, and people were jumping off it. When we headed back we were looking for the stump with the six inch fish. All of a sudden we heard a loud crunch. We realized that we had just hit the stump.We started heading back to the campsite, and on the way we didn't see anything interesting. We got back to the campsite, changed our clothes and went to play mini golf. There were 18 holes and one of the holes was like a little ant hill. Hole number 5 was a small barn with a hole in it and a slow fan that was spinning over the hole, which made it hard for the ball to go in. You had to time it just right.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lucus,
    I love camping stories because there is usually lots to talk about. Apparently you too experience lots of excitement when camping. I really can’t wait to exchange our thoughts and experiences. I like your use of noise in the story “Crunch”. These types of words really get me hooked on stories. Remember people reading your story doesn’t know what’s going on in the story.
    Sometimes as writers like you and me get so fired up about a great time that our mind is going faster than our typing. Which then we leave out good information. So maybe when we get to talk we can put some decorations of frosting on your awesome cake. It will make your story taste that much better.
    I’ll talk to you soon
    (GO SOCCER)
    Morgan Reeves

    ReplyDelete