Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Person who Matters to Me by Elijah

A Person Who Matters to Me

Sam is my best friend. I’ve known Sam since kindergarten. I used to live next door to him and we would wrestle all the time. Now when we get together we play Star Wars. Sam is really good at playing Star Wars, he knows a lot about Star Wars and he owns every single Star Wars action figure.

We also like to ride bikes around the apartment complex, which makes a figure eight. Sometimes we eat dinner together. This year Sam is in my third grade class. At school we run around the playground and eat lunch together.During recess we play ghost hunting and Call of Duty. We run around and pretend that we are fighting a war. When we play ghost hunting, me and Sam hunt for ghost because we think they are real. We usually run up to the hill and feel the rocks, we pretend they are the ghost graves. At school Sam is a really good reading. He likes to read the A-Z mysteries. I think Sam is my best friend.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elijah!,

    I truly enjoyed reading your essay. It paints a picture of my childhood that I can so easily relate to. Your word choice is good and you don’t repeat words such as “I” at the beginning of your sentences, which is a common problem that we all have to avoid.
    It sounds as if you and Sam have a lot in common. I have a best friend as well. My best friend is my twin brother. We are identical and do most everything together. Because we are so close, I can definitely relate to the activities that you enjoy doing with your friend. I too enjoy playing games with my brother. Do you like playing any other games with Sam? What makes Sam so good at Star Wars?
    My brother and I used to hang out on the playground. We used to play football. What do you and Sam do on the playground?
    Lastly, I noticed that you commented on Sam’s talent in reading. Does he have any other talents? Are there any other things that are cool about Sam’s personality?

    Talk to you soon,
    Kody

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the added detail! As we talked about in our video conference, the interesting tidbits that you added give a deeper meaning to your essay. What I mean by that is that the reader can better connect with and understand your friendship with Sam. The reader can see what you guys are doing, and everyone can relate to playing games on the playground. Keep up the great work! I loved the advanced writing in your second essay and I can't wait to read the next edition!

    -Kody

    ReplyDelete