Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Best Time at Horse Camp by Bailey

The Best Time at Horse Camp

This summer I went to horse camp. My friend Courtney came with me, and she rode my cousins horse. She rode English. There was a horse named Rascal at horse camp. I can see why they named him Rascal, because he is a rascal. He tried to break his stall gate, and he wasn’t listening, He was bad. My friend Emma also went to horse camp and she brought her horse Ava, and my friend Mariah brought her horse Sadie. Mariah got bucked off two times! It was scary to see Mariah get bucked off. The first time she did not get hurt but the second time she really got hurt. Sadie ran out to her and then we had to go and catch her horse. Another bad thing that happened was Sugar got stuck in the gate, her leg got really stuck on the board. She could not help us help her get unstuck because she had a broken leg and she didn't want to move it! She was very crabby that morning.

Even though there were a few bad things that happened I had a great time at horse camp, and I hope next year I will get to bring my horse.

2 comments:

  1. Bailey,
    I have never before ridden a horse. The thought scares me so I think you are really brave to ride a horse. The way you described horse camp made it sound like so much fun that I might want to do it too. I laughed out loud when you wrote about what Rascal did, and I got worried when I read Mariah got bucked off her horse twice. You used very good descriptions.

    You talk about how Courtney rode your cousin’s horse, Mariah rode her horse, and that Emma rode her horse. Did you get to ride a horse? You wrote that you didn’t bring your horse, why not?

    Since I have never been to horse camp, it might be helpful to describe a little bit more about what you do when you’re there. I have dogs, and let me tell you they are as big as a horse. Part of my job is to take care of them by picking up their messes. Did you have to muck the stalls?

    Lastly, but not least, I love your voice in the sentence “I can see why they named him Rascal, because he is a rascal,” and then you explain what you mean in more detail. Very nice.

    Looking forward to reading all about your horse adventures,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really happy about the changes you made! Good job.

    ReplyDelete