Monday, December 6, 2010

Horse Show

Saturday I got to spend the night at my aunt's house. She is the cool aunt. She owns my cousins horse. She took us to a fun horse show. My friend Lauren was going too because she was in the show with her new horse Katy. This is her third or fourth time being in a horse show. We got to see barrel racing and single pole bending. I could not be in the horse show this year but I hope to do it next year.

My goal is to be the world's most famous barrel racer. I might have to take smaller steps in between on the way. There was a girl at the horse show that was like the fastest girl, she has a horse named Michele. I think that is a pretty name for a horse. I want to grow up to be just like her.

At the horse show I was happy, but I was also sad because my friend Brin came out of the shoot and was sad that she did not get first place. She got 3rd place instead.She did have good sportsmanship though. Lauren got to be Courtney's groom, and I was Brin's groom. Brin was happy at the end of the day because she got to canter on a horse named Cody Greg. This year my Aunt Lynn worked in the cook shack with Nancy. Nancy acts like a nanny to us. It was a fun day at the horse show.

Sometimes when my horse acts up I want to quit, but I know that if I want to be the world's most famous barrel racer I can't quit. My first time racing I might not get first place. I might get 2nd or 3rd, or even 4th, who know's! But I know that I can't give up because some day my dream I will be the world's most famous barrel racer.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bailey,

    I very much enjoyed reading about your experience at the horse show and your dream of becoming the fastest barrel racer. I can almost remember a time I went to a horse show that my cousin was in.

    In the first paragraph you start out with a statement, “Saturday I got to spend the night at my aunt’s house.” You might want to try writing a hook to catch the reader’s attention more. Next you mention barrel racing and single pole racing. I don’t know what those types of races are so it might be helpful to explain that for the reader.

    I can really hear your voice when you say, “She is the cool aunt.” I have one of those too. It might help to write a sentence afterwards saying, “She is the cool aunt because...” I also thought you used good descriptions when you talked about how you felt at the horse show and why.

    Your determination to be the world’s fastest barrel racer is really impressive. Good luck!

    Looking forward to reading more of your stories,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete