Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WHERE I'M FROM

Where I’m From

I am from fishing poles and skiis

From Moosehead Lake and Trackxs

I am from the farm next door and the country fields

I am from the bass in the lake, the red squirrels that get in my Grampy’s shed

I am from cabin camping at Moosehead

and snowshoeing and ice fishing

I am from Shane, Cory, Ethan, and Cole

From Minchim, and Pottle

I am from tag games on the lawn and video games in my big brothers room

From “Don’t chew with your mouth open” and

“Say please and thank you”

I am from Maine, and hot tacos and Bison hamburgers from the grill

I am from Cub Scouts, and Martial Arts,

And the trophies standing on the shelf over my bed.

2 comments:

  1. Really awesome!! I really liked the part where you talked about the squirrels. Your descriptions were right on. It's really hard for me to try and find something you could work on because I truly like the whole thing. I think you have a nice voice for poetry. I suggest that you should write some more.

    -Bre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where I'm From
    -Bre-

    I am from stuffed toys,
    From iPods,
    And Gameboy Advances.

    I am from the rustling pine needles in the downward sloping back yard.

    I am from the raindrops on the pedals of a daisy.

    I am from long nights playing Cribbage and bad dancing, from Aunt Jenny and Melissa and Cassie.

    I am from the breakfasts on Sunday afternoons and old music in the car.

    From "if you eat too much you're stomach will pop like a balloon!" and "clean your room!"

    I'm from a hospital in Maine, and artichokes and kumquats.

    I am from a long hallway holding pictures of family, lit by the light of our future.

    ReplyDelete