Thursday, April 7, 2011

WHERE I'M FROM

Where I’m From

I am from twirling Batons and pedaling unicycles

I am from rainbow Skittles, Target, and Gap

I am from the white snow that blows

the red roses growing in the garden store

From the venus fly trap I watered, and the sunflowers near my cousin’s house

I am from the yellow dandelions in the field, the green trees I climb

I am from the rollercoaster at Funtown and salty fries at the Topsham fair

From Tina and Matt and Taylor

I am from bike rides down the tar road,

and walking on the path.

From “use nice words” and “keep your hands to yourself”

I am from Maine, and pepperoni pizza,

from the grilled cheese that nana makes

I am from picture books filled with memories

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hannah!
    I really enjoyed your poem and it taught me a lot your life which was really interesting. After seeing this I wrote my own poem for you to read.

    I am from pink shape sketchers and oval running surfaces, from xbox and m&ms and play station 2.

    I am from the dark cellar in the basement that molds the walls with creepy pictures.

    I am from the roses of the garden and the trees in the backyard, and the yellow sunflowers by the pool.

    I am from Disney World in November and blue eyes and pale skin, from Christopher and Shannon and Karen.

    I am from the late night swim sessions and watching the Patriots.

    From "clean your room" and "do not be sassy".

    I'm from Rhode Island and, tasty chicken and character macaroni and cheese.

    I'm from scrapbooks filled with moments I will always remember.

    ReplyDelete