Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WHERE I'M FROM

Where I’m From

I am from green circus balls and flat screen TV’s

From Peanut Butter Cups, and the Boot and Buckle

I am from the peaceful neighbor where I hear chickadees and finches

from black snakes and grey sharks

and the birch tree in my backyard

I am from always going to my aunts for Christmas and Thanksgiving

from watching scary movies with my family on Saturday night

I am from funny and nice

I am from Therryn and Cheri, Cate and Smith

From eating out at Wendy’s and watching Survivor

I am from “don’t smoke” and “be nice to people”

from the state of Maine, plain tacos with cheese that my mom makes, and marble cake

I am from the cupboard in my bedroom that holds

my soccer, basketball, and baseball trophies

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Connor!
    I love it! Isn't it neat how even if it doesn't rhyme, it's still poetry?
    I love tacos and marble cake as well!
    When you say "peaceful neighbor where I here..." Did you mean to say you here the birds at your neighbor's house? Or your house?

    Also, I was hoping you could give me your feedback on my "Where I'm from" poem!
    Where I am from
    I am from stuffed animals and anime.
    From Pokemon and Etch-a-sketch.
    I am from the small brick house with the crooked roof.
    I am from the big rock and spring leaves, the twig sized tree in the front yard.
    I am from weekend breakfast and stubbornness, from Jess and Brenda and Ron.
    I am from Dive in movie night and computer scrabble.
    From "Use your manners," and "Clean your room".
    I'm from Maine and Ireland and Scotland, Chop Suey and Cole-Cannon.
    I am from the family picture sideshow on the black box.

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete