Thursday, April 7, 2011

WHERE I'M FROM

Where I’m From

I am from Woodside One Wheelers

circus balls and unicycles

From summer bike rides with my dad

Mongoose and Honey Nut Cheerios

I am from the scent of vanilla

and the white-tailed deer hopping the trails

looking for perfect pine trees

I am from celebrating Christmas Eve with my family,

Talented bowlers, catchers, and pitchers

From Jane and Matt, and Ben

I am from Funtown/Splashtown in the summer,

and Hershey Park

From “Say please and thank you” and “Be kind”

I am from Parkview, meaty spaghetti, and cooked chicken

from the hutch where we keep our special gifts

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy! I love this poem. I feel as if I've been able to see the world through your eyes for a minute! I'm going to give you a few questions that I have, then write you my own little poem.

    Cool opening line! What are Woodside One Wheelers? I know that you cannot add that detail to the poem, but I would love to know!

    What is the name of a circus you've been to recently? What is your favorite unicycle brand?

    I love your description of the deer. That is so cool. I also love they way you wrote about the hutch at your house.

    This is so awesome, Amy! Thanks for sharing.

    Where I'm From

    I am from the hundreds of picture frames covering the walls of the house,
    from the baggy Boston Red Sox sweatshirt and Adidas sweatpants.

    I am from the warm little house on the dead end road.

    I am from the bleeding hearts,
    the pink garden phenomenon.

    I am from Fondue on Christmas Eve
    and a drive towards success,
    from Lori and David and Alexa.

    I am from the ritual of Sunday Tea at 1:30,
    and love story movies with mom.

    From, "Good morning, good morning, good morning, it's time to rise and shine!"
    and "Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative."

    I am from Ireland, France, and Italy,
    tea with a spoonful of sugar, and garden-fresh vegetables.

    I am from love.

    ReplyDelete