Sunday, April 10, 2011

WHERE I'M FROM

Where I’m From

I am from the warm jam painted toast I eat in the morning,

and the water bottle sitting on my desk at school that keeps me hydrated

From Subzero and theTimex watch I wear every single school day

I am from the white apartment that’s filled with candles

I am from birch trees in the woods by my dads house,

the chipmunks that scurry around outside that my cat watches

I am from Christmas at my uncles and aunts house

and my funny family, from Toby, Heather, from McGrath, and Jordan

I am from Aquabogan and Funtown SplashTown

From “Say excuse me” and “Use please and thank you”

I am from Maine, eating big red lobsters, and my mom eating salads

I am from the books and the toys on the shelf in my room

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sam! Wow I haven't talked to you in a while. I really enjoyed reading your poem. It's cool to get to know you a little bit better by the words and descriptions you chose. I didn't find anything that needed fixing or improvement. Good job! Want to read my poem, here it is.
    WHERE I'M FROM
    I am from the cuddly teddy bear,
    from Suave soap and Weekly whole milk.
    I am from the warm red house with a worn red fence.
    I am from the purple Lilac bushes,
    and the tall, green, pine trees.
    I am from the leaf houses, scarecrows, and snowmen,
    the quirky family,
    from Larry, Diane, Thomas, and Perkins.
    I am from random family trips in the van,
    and late night BBQ's.
    From God's grace and "Goodnight, love you, see you in the morning".
    I'm from Maine and the Black Foot Indian tribe,
    and spaghetti and potatoes.
    I am from scrapbooks, photo albums, home videos, and family memories.

    Hoped you liked it. Bye Sam!
    -Meagan

    ReplyDelete