Thursday, April 7, 2011

WHERE I'M FROM

Where I’m From

I am from Diary Of A Wimpy Kid and the running shoes I get from Target

I am from shopping at Goodwill and eating chocolate skittles

I am from watching the moon while my dad BBQ’s

I am from the grass that I walk in with bare feet

And the wild flowers I pick for my mom

I am from painted easter eggs, and caring for my baby sister

I am from Meagan and Todd

And Abigail and Haley

I am from rollerskating with my family

And going to the fair with my friends

I am from “Chew with your mouth closed” and “Don’t slam your door”

I am from Maine and the shepherds pie my mom makes

And pork chops with teriaki sauce

I am from the living room wall where my baby pictures hang

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maddie,
    You did an awesome job on your poem! My class is just starting to do poetry as well and it's pretty challenging. I'm so impressed with how descriptive you are. By reading your poem, I really got to know you better. My mom used to tell me "chew with your mouth closed" and she also makes yummy shepherd's pie like your mom!
    Since I'm learning to write poems, I thought I'd leave you my version of "Where I'm From" so that you could get to know me better and possibly give me some advice too! So here it is:

    I am from my e-reader,
    from T.J. Maxx and Coldstone.

    I am from several acres with home-made swings.

    I am from the hybrid blackberry bushes
    hidden under the bittersweet.

    I am from chinese auctions every Christmas
    and big toes.
    From Bob and Aline and Strout's.

    I am from late nights playing card games
    and cookouts on sunny days.

    From "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"
    and "Always say please and thank you".

    I'm from Lisbon Falls,
    mom's famous chocolate chip cookies,
    and memere's secret dumplings.

    I am from scrapbooks that will always hold our memories.

    ReplyDelete