Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Piano

One spring afternoon I was walking by the play-set saying “I want to play piano.” That night I asked my dad if I could take piano. He said that I could take them! One problem, I had to practice on a keyboard piano. A few days later my great uncle died. You probably think I was sad. No. The day my uncles started cleaning the house so they could rent it. They found a piano! The best part was my grandmother gave it to me. I was really happy that I got an upright piano to practice on instead of a keyboard. On the first day of my piano I was kinda nervous but my dad was there to support. I did a lot of stuff like finger builder and lots more. At the end of every lesson you get a sticker for a job well done. At first I had a little bit of trouble with practicing but when my dad helped I could do it on my own. I could play!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy! I'm so excited to be starting our conferences back up.
    First, I want to point out the way that you used sequencing. The piece was SO organized. You did such a good job at making sure all of the information and timing was clear!
    Next, just a little adjustment: In your second sentence you said "asked my dad if I could take piano." I think you meant piano lessons. Just a little missing word. :)
    Also, what is the difference between a keyboard and an upright piano? I'm really interested to know! Perhaps you could add that detail when you talk about the fact that you were happy to have an upright piano to practice on.
    Such a cool story! Talk to you soon. -Jordan

    ReplyDelete